Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend wrap-up


So...I haven't been on in a while! Almost a week! Yikes! I guess I have been pretty darn busy! The last you heard from me, it was Wednesday and my bro turned 30. Well, Thursday, I only worked a half day and then headed to Huntsville, and was off on Friday! The half day that I did work wasn't totally uneventful, I was kinda busy before I became totally useless and left! I headed to the ville for 2 specific reasons: One was to ship E off half way across the world for a MONTH! Boooo! The second was to go to my high school and accept my "Alumni of the Year" award and "get inducted" into the "Alumni Hall of Fame." Another thing that happened while I was there was I froze my butt off. Seriously, that was not an intended purpose for the trip, but it happened, and I definitely left it somewhere in the bleachers at Sparkman High School. It. Was. So. Cold. But, I do love this time of year (when I don't have to be outside dressed up in it) because it is a reason to wear sweatshirts, sweaters, hats, gloves, scarves, boots, build fires, drink cider and hot chocolate, snuggle, watch the leaves change and decorate for the seasons. Oh, and if I hadn't frozen my butt off in Huntsville, I would totally be enjoying those heated seats in my car (ok, I am still enjoying them, I was just going with the theme). Anyway, my mom and I did what we do best and went shopping a little and we all went to church and ate a totally unhealthy meal after with my grandmother. Oh, Saturday night, I made homemade chicken pot pies for my family and my grandparents, that was good. I also watched the Crimson Tide beat South Carolina. It wasn't a pretty win, but a win is a win no matter how you get there! So, now, I am back at work, enjoying the still fall-like, but slightly warmer weather a little further south. Here's to a great week! Hope you all make the best of it!

*image from here.

4 comments:

  1. I see that y'all beat up last weekend! Sad day for the cocks! Pretty pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cold weather, it is barely getting cold here! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are on a winning streak!!! Glad your seats in the car could keep you warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Super cute! I bet you are super excited that Alabama is no.1! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete