Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rain, rain go away!



Well, while normally I love a rainy day and sometimes it can be fun, I am ready for the rain to hold off a bit. It started raining here yesterday afternoon before work was out and HAS NOT STOPPED. In fact, it has even gotten progressively worse! Now, as I mentioned yesterday, I am running a 5k in 4 days and finishing my training this week is crucial! I am not a fan of running in the rain.If it is hot, and it is a light drizzle I may not mind, but it is cold and it is pouring! It kinda hurts. Kinda like riding a motorcycle in the rain and the drops hitting you in the face while driving 60 mph. Ok, except not like that at all because I am running. With two feet being my horsepower, not an engine, and not at 60 mph, it just sounded good. Anyway, so that is one reason I want the rain to hold off. Secondly, people in my town do not know how to drive in the sunshine, add in rain and you are going to have wrecks. At every exit on the interstate. And having a dog who is scared of the rain and thunder is funny. He weighs as much as I do and still thinks he needs to be in my lap when he gets scared. Or if I am laying in bed, he thinks he wants to be right on top of me. Then, I guess he notices I am turning blue because he is crushing me and moves over. He needs his mom to make him feel safe, so he decides to lay beside me and not on me. How about the fact that it is already dark when I get ready in the mornings and go to work, add the rain and it is even worse. Oh well, I guess I will make the best of it and just be glad I don't have to sit out in it all day. Just part of it when I have to run. Hope you all are enjoying your Tuesday, rain or shine. Oh, and I have been reading a lot about people being sick. Hope you all get better! Maybe you would like this rain, I'll try to send it your way.

*Image from Google.

6 comments:

  1. You can send it down here. We need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate cold rain! Hope it stops raining for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rain when I'm inside, hate it when it catches me outside of the house! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been raining here forever too. Enough already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't send it to me!! I hope you see the sun soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say that this has been the rainiest year I can ever remember! It rained all spring, all summer and now all fall! I'm tired of the rain! Now I'm worried that it's going to snow non stop this winter once it gets cold enough!

    ReplyDelete