Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Road Rage Much?


Ok, so I try to be pretty sweet, calm and mild-mannered. To me, there is no sense in getting all worked up about things that are beyond my control. It may be me trying to be a better person, or the fact that I am terrified of getting high blood pressure and having a heart attack (what? I am healthy and only 24? Yeah, it could happen.) Anyway, the only time I am easily angered and my face turns red is when I am in the car. I have the hardest time keeping my cool. No, I am not the best driver in the world, but I do try to respect other drivers and adhere to the rules of the road. I guess some people weren't taught that back when they were 15 from their driver's ed teacher. With three other teenage distractions in the car. In the parking lot of the drag strip. Driving through lanes made with orange cones. I mean, not that I was either, I'm Just saying, that may be a good way to learn. Why am I bringing this up? Well, I thought you'd never ask. Yesterday driving home from work at 5:15, I was singing and glad to be off work, then a driver decided that he wanted to drive down the middle of two lanes of the four available to him. Other people were stopping and yielding to him, no one letting him know his mistake. Well, it frustrated me so I kind of blew my horn, and may have mentioned to him what those lines on the road were for. My windows weren't down, and I still had a smile on my face, so I'm sure he didn't hear me and had no clue I was highly irritated at his lack of respect for my lane. He promptly chose his lane leaving me to go about my merry way and get home without incident. Then again, this morning, Scout and I are on our way into work and ANOTHER car does the SAME thing. Seriously people? I repeated the actions from yesterday and he moved over, I went on about my business and got to work safe and sound, but not before I explained to him too that those lines weren't for decoration. Then, when I got to work, I even twittered about it. Nothing frustrates me like people with driver's licenses who don't know the rules and responsibilities behind them. I will however remind them of those whether they know it or not. So, now that I am no longer in the car, I am cool, calm and collected. And as sweet as pure sugar! HA! Have a great day. And never judge me by the way I ride/drive/yell/instruct in the car. I mean, if I were one of the ones to learn to drive in the parking lot of a drag-strip it would probably bring out aggression. I wouldn't know....again, just sayin....

2 comments:

  1. People's driving can just be too ridiculous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are just wack! It's scary how some drive. That picture is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete