Friday, June 12, 2009

Update

Well, since my last post, I have been to an ENT and have been diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. No ear infection or anything wrong with my ear. Just a temporary paralysis of one side of my face, caused by some kind of damage to the 7th cranial nerve. I have an MRI today to see if we can see if there is something causing it or what. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so dizzy. I am so dizzy constantly that it is making it very hard to move. I feel drunk constantly. The doctor called in some medicine for that (basically high powered Dramamine) but it doesn't seem to be working just yet. Maybe it will soon. Anyway, just keeping you all updated. Keep me in your prayers! I will let you know something when I know!

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! Is there anyone there to help you out with cooking, etc.? I know that stuff cant be easy dizzy and half paralyzed! Im praying for you. Keep us updated for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to read about your BP. Walter had that one summer when he was in his late twenties. It eventually ran its course. I believe his was virally induced. He had severe ear aches because the muscles controlling his ear canal collapsed, trapping fluid, which led to infection. His eye also got very dry because of the disruption to the natural blinking process. He increased his intake of vitamin B complex to help heal and stimulate the nerve.

    In the end, it would conclude it was unpleasant but not life changing. I think his left eye sags a little because of it, but not in a noticeable way (unless you know the inside story).

    There is an old wives tale about sleeping under fans and driving with the window down and wind blowing on that side of your face (should avoid both) after you recover from BP. I don't know that there is any scientific evidence about either of those things, but Walter avoids both just to be on the safe side.

    Good luck!

    VB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is always encouraging to hear from other people who have been through similar situations and made it through just fine! It is a weird experience, but I am already beginning to tell a big improvement! I haven't heard about the car windows or fans, but it is worth listening to! Thank you again, hope all is well in TX!

    ReplyDelete