Thursday, June 4, 2009

Keeping my eyes on the prize....

"Write on your heart that everyday is the best day of the year." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

So, I was thinking this morning and it may have been inspired by a post by Kelly, sometimes it is so hard to wake up with a smile on your face and a song in your heart. Or at least I thought it was. I live in (in my opinion) a town that isn't conducive to single-girl living. Most people here are older, but if they are younger they are usually married and planning on or have children. Which is ok, but sometimes younger people who have children don't think that a single girl who isn't married can have anything in common with them, it is always so hard to find your niche. It doesn't help that I don't consider my job the best one in the world, although I am very thankful to have a job and to have learned what I have. The point is, no matter our situation: single/married, kids/no kids, employed/unemployed, we all have bad days, some of us maybe even bad periods of time. We see where we may never have a happy day again. Sometimes, we just feel stuck in a rut that we don't see ever getting out of. It always seems that when that happens, good things start happening to everyone around us and they have no interest in hearing how down we are, or having us rain on their parade.

Well, I had an epiphany this morning when I was at work doing my daily rounds of websites that I check. On "Good Morning America" there was an author, Robert Holden who was promoting his book, "Be Happy" and The Happiness Project. He was basically saying that in order to be happy, it starts with us, and our attitude. So I have made the decision to stop dwelling on the negative things that I have put emphasis on and start thinking about the positive.

So, starting let's say, NOW, I am going to stop being "Debbie Downer"
and start being my old self,
"Little Miss Sunshine" and I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment