Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Can you hear me now??

Wow! What a crazy weekend! I ended up going to the beach to see my mom and her friend and get some much needed sun! Before I left I had the slightest ear ache. I thought it would probably just go away and went to the beach anyway. I didn't get in the water because of my ear (not that I would have anyway). Saturday, I woke up and my ear was worse, hurting in my jaw and down my neck. Well, by Saturday night, the pain was really bad and I couldn't really hear very well. Saturday night I didn't sleep at all because I was miserable. I tried taking Advil and doing ear drops and nothing was helping!! So, Sunday I came home and decided that maybe if I laid down and tried to sleep a little that it would get better, it seemed to be doing slightly better. By 6:00 Sunday, I was in so much pain I was in tears!! So, I had no choice but to go to the emergency room. $150 and about 7 hours later, I was sent home and told I had an ear infection. They gave me an antibiotic, pain medicine, and ear drops (it was way late Sunday night, so no pharmacy was open) and I got them filled the next morning. I spent all day Monday in bed and didn't move. I took my medicine when I was supposed to and laid pretty still all day. Everything seemed to be getting better. Today, I wake up and I can't feel the right side of my face!! That's right, I look like I have been to the dentist and they have shot my whole face up with Novocaine! It is horrible. So, now I am sitting at work, very disoriented feeling with no feeling in the right side of my face, and the same ear pain that I started with!! I have made an appointment with an ENT in town, and I patiently waiting til my appointment today at 2:30. Lets hope it is nothing too serious! I will let you know as soon as I know something!

1 comment: