Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back in the saddle....

Well, after a week away from work, going through doctors appointments, the emergency room, lots of questions, and lots of medication. I am back. I may not yet be 100% but I am MUCH better than I was this time last week! I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy as you may or may not have read, there is really no cause and it just comes and goes suddenly. I couldn't hear out of my right ear and couldn't feel/move the right side of my face. The movement is 90% back now, you probably wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me if you didn't know what to look for. I had the MRI on Friday and while I haven't been back to the doctor to get the official results yet, nothing significant was found that raised an alarm. The biggest problem now is to get me from being dizzy, which today it has been 100 times better than I started. I can actually walk around without holding on to something or running into walls! It was a little scary of an experience, but people have been through much worse, and I am thankful I caught it in time and got quick care. I am also glad that have so many people around who helped me out and cared so much. My sweet mom took off all last week (Wednesday through Monday) to drive down and take care of me (about 3 hours). She cleaned my whole house to be like she would have it, cooked for me, and I in turn made her laugh by showing her what would happen if I didn't drink through a straw, or if I tried to pucker my lips (it is quite funny when half your face won't move). I then spent the weekend in Huntsville so she could get home and we could be there instead of at my apartment. Thanks mom! I love you!

Now, I am just trying to get back into the swing of things and get caught up! That is a hard task when you have been out of commission for so long. I feel like I have forgotten how to do normal, everyday things! I am still a little dizzy, but am used to it really and am functioning! Hopefully by the time I go back to the doctor next week sometime, things will be A-OK! :) So, wish me luck getting back into the swing of things. Also, hope that when I finish these steroids, that I will quit being so hungry! HA HA I have seriously eaten like every 2 hours since I started them! They make me hungry constantly! But only a couple of more days! Then, hopefully I will be steady enough on my feet I can start working out again...I have a busy couple of weeks coming up, can't be getting outta shape for all that!

Well, I think that is all for now, I am sure I will have something more interesting to say when I get all caught up! Hope everyone has a great week! Smile when you can, you never know when it might go away! Oh, and speaking of, I am a VERY smiley person, I smile at anyone and everyone I meet, it is just my standard greeting. It is hard to either a. not smile at people because you can't really, or b. have people look at you really funny when you smile with only half your face and look a little off. I don't think I will ever question people again! :) (Just a thought...)

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear that things are getting back to normal. its so good that your mom was able to come down and help you out! thank goodness for mamas :)

    ReplyDelete