Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cookies!!

After finally catching up on my sleep (I think), I feel like I am pretty much back to normal. Maybe even better? (Maybe.) I am going to Nashville for the 4th of July weekend! I spent the weekend cleaning the house and running errands so this week I could focus on packing. Because as every girl knows, when you are leaving town (even if only for 4 days and 3 nights) you have to have clothing options. It will take a while to decide, so I decided to get everything around the house done this weekend (I can't leave town with things out of place, thanks to my mom always being that way) that way I could devote my Monday through Wednesday nights laying out clothes and packing. Well, last night I decided that since I am going to see J, I would make him his favorite cookies, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut. I found a recipe and headed to Publix to get everything I needed. Do you know how long it takes to find Macadamia nuts? I ended up having to call my mom and ask her where to find them (they are by the popcorn/chips, not with the walnuts and slivered almonds where they should be). When I had everything I needed and a few other things of course, I headed home to make the cookies. This took all night because recipes never allow you to make just a few cookies, they always yield about 4 dozen!! When you only bake half a dozen at a time because you don't like your cookies to touch when they spread out, that takes a while!! But, it was fun, and as the ladies at work can attest to, they turned out good! :) Success. I told J I had to make other people try them before I would bring any to him in case they weren't any good. I am not a fan of white chocolate or nuts, so I didn't try them! On a little side note, do you know how many calories and fat are in Macadamia nuts??? A TON!! It is crazy! I am glad that I didn't eat them for fear of getting addicted. A lady I work with said that these cookies are ones that you can't eat just one, and it was good I didn't bring a lot to work. I can't eat them for fear of not being able to eat just one. I do have to wear a bathing suit at some point this summer. HAHA! Anyway, now that the house is clean (except for the dishes from making cookies) and the cookies have been made, I can now finish focusing on the task of packing! It is gonna be a long night! :) Just kidding, I am not that picky! ;) Here is the recipe for the cookies in case someone you know (or you) likes them, because as I have been told, they are pretty darn good!










White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
(Makes approximately 4 dozen)

1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (I used 1 1/2 because it was the whole bag)

Preheat oven to 375'

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add butter mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in white chocolate morsels and nuts.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. remove from pan and cool completely on wire racks. Enjoy!

**I had a picture of everything while I was making them, but it isn't letting me add a picture, so maybe I will add it when it decides to work!**

4 comments:

  1. These are Zachs FAVORITE cookies...so much that when he had his car accident summer after his senior year someone from Sparkman (I cant remember who) got their hands on some Otis Spunkmeyer White Choc Mac cookies and brought them to the hospital!! He used to buy like 2 bags a day at break. lol. I will definetly have to try these out! Have fun in Nashville :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny!! They were really easy to make and have gotten a big thumbs up from the people at the office!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try this recipe!! It sounds amazing!! Hope you have a wonderful 4th weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope y'all have fun this weekend and finally get some alone time! Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete