Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dr. Seuss was a wise man

Who doesn't recall something Dr. Seuss gave us? You have either learned to read by way of The Cat in the Hat, you know The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, how about red fish and blue fish. Anyone ever had Green Eggs and Ham or received/given Oh the Places You'll go to a recent graduate? Even if you are hidden under a rock and never read a single book, surely you have seen the obnoxious hats that are sold at amusement parks and worn at sporting events in a variety of colors that were inspired by the cat in red and white?

Anyway, with all of that said, one of my favorite things that came from the Dr. was this quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

That quote is truer than I used to imagine. But lately, I have realized that remembering this, in a variety of situations, can be very beneficial. Now, I have always been a pretty outspoken person, and usually when you asked my opinion, you would get a pretty straightforward answer. But since I have entered the workplace and grown up a little, I think that proves to be truer than ever. No matter if someone agrees with you or not, it is important to let your voice be heard, if someone doesn't want to hear it, they either a. shouldn't have asked or b. don't matter anyway. So, I think this little quote, that has always been one of my favorites, is going to become some sort of a mantra for my day to day. It is Friday eve finally, so here's to holding out for the weekend for one more day!

1 comment:

  1. "Be who you are and say what you feel..." That pretty much sums me up. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete