Friday, August 21, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons.....

....Learn how to make orange juice and make them wonder how you did it!

Lately things have been pretty stagnant around here. Nothing really good happening, but nothing really bad happening either. Everything is kind of just in a stand-still, while the calendar presses on. It is a little weird. But, oh well, I guess when there are no major life events, it gives us time to sit back and observe, if we will. Sometimes I like to be able to slow down and really look at the path that I am on. It is interesting to me how my focus shifts from things I thought were so important to other things. That is kind of where I have been lately, a stagnant observer. Well, stagnant isn't entirely accurate, because I have made some changes. Changes in my attitude, changes in my focus, changes in priorities, and some changes in behavior. They have all been changes for the good, and I am happy about where I am going (for now). I figured since the calendar isn't going to stop moving forward, neither should I. So here have been my conclusions lately:
1. Don't depend on other people to make you happy.
2. Surround yourself with people who know your goals and are willing to encourage and/or help you reach them.
3. Find happiness where you are. There is a reason you are there, so learn from it.
4. Appreciate what you have. We are all in a society where we always want more, this can be a good thing, except when it gets in the way.
5. Pay attention to more things around you.

So, these are a few of them. Thanks for listening. It is Friday, hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Change is always good, makes us learn and be better. Your list is definetly accurate! Sometimes we get so caught up with things or situations that we don't realize we have other beautiful things around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Becky ! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete