Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Recap


No, this weekend I did not see a body of water or get a massage. This weekend, I had absolutely no where to go and only a few things to do. It was GRAND! I mean I can't tell you the last time I wasn't running around on the weekends with 101 things to do and 201 places to be. This weekend, I stayed home ALL WEEKEND. (OK, I did leave one time but that was only to get my oil changed and car washed) Friday, I was absolutely exhausted from two hard, stressful days at work, so as soon as I got home, I put on my PJ's, laid down, and curled up with a book and my favorite little man (Scout). I think I was out by 7:30. Then, Saturday, I woke up SUPER early (obviously, because I went to bed before the sun) and decided to exercise a little, so I went for a run. I came home, showered and laid back down for a bit to read my book some more. Then, I decided that the oil change place must be open and I went and got my oil changed and my car washed. I came home (before lunch) and I had the rest of the day to do nothing. Well, I decided to deep clean my whole house. That always makes me feel so good, so not only did I clean, I rearranged my bedroom and lit candles all over the house. I didn't turn on the TV all day and just listened to music. It was so relaxing! I read my book some more, and fell asleep early again. Sunday, I got up early and went for another run, then showered, read and napped all day long. I did not get out of my PJ's yesterday (except to go run). Then, last night, I watched the first football game of the (pre)season, the Titans v. Buffalo Bills. And that my friends, was the ONLY time I turned my TV on. I had all intentions of watching movies that are on my DVR, but I didn't. And I must say, it was SO NICE. That brings us to the here and now. Usually, Mondays bring a 3:15 am wake-up call so I can drive from Huntsville to Montgomery and I am tired, grumpy and sluggish all day. Well, not today! I am in a great mood, and feel so rested and recharged! It was a much needed break. Here is to a smooth week! i hope the good mood lasts all week! :) Have a wonderful week friends!

2 comments:

  1. Once in a while we all need a weekend just to relax and kickback. It helps us re-energize ourselves. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a relaxing weekend! Wish you were in Tuscaloosa this week with me...I hear they are in need of some super cute and sweet rho chis!

    ReplyDelete