Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Honeymoon..Part Deux...

I am SO sorry I have been the worst blogger in history. Well, maybe not in history, but as far as I am concerned! I figured things would slow down and give me some time after we got back from the honeymoon and they haven't! Things have been non-stop ever since we landed! I need to clean house, finish thank-you notes, go to my bff's bachelorette party in Destin, put up gifts, return gifts, laundry and did I mention clean my house?! I have a million things to do and not enough time to do it! Did I mention that jet-lag is still kicking my butt? Because it is! I used to be such a morning person and now, I can't even crack my eyes open in the morning! It is awful!!! Anyway...you didn't click on this blog to read about my ever growing to-do list, you came here to see/hear about my honeymoon!

The second part of our honeymoon, we rode the train a few hours north to a little place you may have heard of..PARIS!!! We got there and took a taxi to our hotel and since we were staying literally a block away from the Eiffel Tower, we decided to go see that first thing. Now, I must say, I expected the thing to be big, but no picture, description, or book can do it justice. I was absolutely stunned when I saw it. It was magnificent! And beautiful! And did I mention it was GINORMOUS?? Because it was. I think this was one of our favorite parts of Paris. We ate lunch on the lawn in front of the tower, drank bottles of wine in front of it at night when it twinkled, and of course, we went to the top!! I could honestly just post about the Eiffel Tower. But, there was so much more....
We saw:
-Napoleon's tomb
-The Rodin Museum (with the Thinker)
-The Arc de Triomphe
-The Louvre (for free!!)
- The Mona Lisa and Aphrodite
-The National Assemblee
-Tullieres Garden
-A lavender garden
-The Obolisque (not sure how that is spelled)
-Notre Dame
-Where Marie Antionette was beheaded
-So many other things that I know I am forgetting!

We had some awesome food, really enjoyed each other! It was SO fast paced and we walked our butts off! Seriously, like 10 or more miles a day! We had a lot of fun, but were ready to go when we did. We could have seen a few more things, maybe, but we tried to cram everything in while we were there. But, again, like I said, we were grateful when we got back to the laziness of the Riviera! So, without further ado, here are some pictures from PARIS!!




2 comments:

  1. love the Eiffel Tower!! i would love to read a post just about that ;) i hope to get there some day... it also looks like you two did great with self photos- hehe cute!

    p.s. feel free to blog about your to-do lists here anytime... for me it helps TONS to blog about EVERYTHING on my mind!

    life probably wont slow down... at least not for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics!! What an adventurous honeymoon:)

    ReplyDelete