Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Honeymoon - Part Three (Final)

Well, today, I have decided to turn over a new leaf. (Or really just get back into the old way of doing things) I am getting up when Emory gets up, I cook breakfast while he is getting ready and then he leaves for work by 7 and I am still up. I either get busy on my day or relax and read books or blogs and watch a little tv. But, I am at least up and doing something that I planned to do that day!

So, I am up and posting about the last leg of our honeymoon before 8 am! You should be very proud! And if you missed any of the other parts, you should go look at them!

Here it goes....we left Paris and took the train back down to the coast to Nice. Because Paris was so hustle and bustle, we decided to REALLY relax for our last few days and not worry about a thing. There were a couple of things we wanted to see/do but it literally took about an hour of the four days we were there. We got to Nice and stayed in the Sheraton. It was super nice! And since my husband is so awesome (or maybe because he travels so much for work, who knows) we were upgraded to a suite and spent our last few days in France in luxury. I don't know if you have ever been to Europe, but most of their hotels (unless it is pretty Westernized) have small, closet-sized rooms, air conditioning is sparse, and there is really no room to spread out. SO, being upgraded to a really awesome suite was the icing on the cake for our honeymoon! We had great views of the sea from a wall of windows! Needless to say, we didn't do much but enjoy the relaxation, sleeping til noon, enjoying a bottle of wine for lunch and dinner and sometimes in between! It was the PERFECT ending to the PERFECT honeymoon. We absolutely HATED coming home, but it had to be done. We did adopt a few things in France that we brought back. In no particular order:
1. Our love of coffee because theirs is so awful.
2. Melon and prosciutto sandwiches (OMG)
3. Taking time to enjoy our meals
4. Slowing down
5. The love of linen
6. Saying "Oui" instead of "Yes" and other French phrases
7. The lack of watching tv
8. Being more relaxed

We honestly had the perfect honeymoon that couldn't have been any better unless it had lasted longer! We really got to enjoy each other, enjoy being married, and learning a lot of things that we liked about really taking the time to relax and enjoy life. I think that our honeymoon is going to be something we will talk about forever. I can't wait to frame some of the awesome pictures we took as a daily reminder of just how awesome it was! So, here are a couple of pictures from Nice. I hope you enjoyed hearing a little bit about our honeymoon!




5 comments:

  1. loved the honeymoon recap!! And I got up when my hubby left for work, he doesnt eat breakfast lol. Im trying to be productive as well, but my list isnt too long at the moment lol I am heading to spouse orientation for pilot training wives so hopefully I will meet some other ladies in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures look great. It sounds like it was such a great, relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of the Eiffel Tower. It looks so gorgeous!!! I will def have to make sure Europe is on our places to visit...one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo glad you two had a wonderful hooneymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Becky!
    It looks like such a LOVELY honeymoon!
    Can you believe you were in FRANCE?
    Did you take any good runs?
    I LOVE Europe!
    Favorite countries are Switzerland and England.
    xo

    ReplyDelete