Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring Fever!

The weather has been absolutely perfect around here for about the last week! Although it has been a little cloudy, the temperature has gotten us ready for Spring! This weekend was a long weekend for us and Emory and I took the opportunity to get everything prepared for springtime! We have fruit trees in the backyard, we pruned them, we have a pergola on the patio that we have grapevines growing up, we pruned them. Our tulips in the front of the house are starting to grow, and we decided to add to the house and build to new flower beds. We built one in the front, and one in the back! Then, we planted some bulbs. If I can keep a little gray four legged person out of them, we may actually get some flowers! Needless to say, after building two flower beds out of concrete pavers and then shoveling dirt (TWO TRUCK LOADS!) I was so sore yesterday that I could barely move! My back was so stiff, I didn't think that I was going to be able to go about a normal day. I tried to really stretch it out, and it wasn't until this morning that it really felt better! I am SO glad! Anyway, all of this wonderful weather has really put us in the mood for Spring, which is just around the corner! We are ready at our house!! Now, we just need the warm weather to be here for good! I am so ready to see green everywhere and see our flowers grow! And to plant our garden and have some fresh veggies for Summer! What are you looking forward most for Spring?

1 comment:

  1. Dang girl! That's some good exercise though! And I'm SO ready for spring too!!!

    ReplyDelete