Friday, September 17, 2010

Place in this world...

I know it is Friday and I should be really excited that Alabama is playing tomorrow and talking about them beating Duke..BUT I am not going to. I have some other news...

This morning I was getting ready to leave and Emory opens the door and I hear him get kind of startled and mention that I need to "Come look at this!" So, I go and look and there on our driveway, maybe three feet from our front door is this HUGE alligator snapping turtle thing. It was not what you would expect to see in a quiet neighborhood in Alabama on an almost fall day. I mean it was the weirdest thing ever. It was a good thing that Scout and Max didn't come bounding out the door like they usually do! This thing was fierce!! It really scared me a little. I mean, not enough that I didn't go grab the cell phone to get close enough for a picture, but enough that it kinda gave me the chills. It was gross and big! See:



Anyway, so we chased it away to the yard and were keeping our fingers crossed that it didn't crawl under the fence and get in our back yard where the pups would be sure to find it! It crawled away back to the small trench that is next to our house. Hopefully he is gone to live in the sewer with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Maybe they can help him out. He certainly isn't welcome at my house! If he stayed around much longer, he would have become turtle soup!!

Well, happy Friday! I hope you don't have any crazy experiences this weekend! Keep your eyes and ears open you never know what you will discover in your own driveway!

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!

2 comments: