Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo Fail

Well, as I mentioned yesterday, E and I were so excited about trying out a new Mexican restaurant that was just down the road. We went right at 5 and got there before there was a crowd. The first sign that it was going to be a disaster should have been when there was NO ONE in the restaurant and they asked if we had called ahead for reservations! We were like um, no, you just opened like two days ago and this place is HUGE, is a reservation really necessary? Then, after we said no, miraculously a table opened for us. Hmmm.....
Well, fast forward TWO HOURS LATER....we got our food. It was cold, gross and inedible. Seriously. I mean nothing is worse than bad Mexican food. It was the worst experience ever! I mean, I understand it was Cinco de Mayo, and we expected a wait. But not 2 hours (when we got there early with no one there) and getting cold food. I mean it was bad. So maybe we will try it one more time when it isn't a holiday, just to give it a fair chance. But if it is no good, then, I seriously doubt we will go back. It was THAT bad.

Now, on to other things. A friend of mine,Christen, from Montgomery has been pregnant with twin girls and she recently delivered them at 28 weeks. They are in NICU of course. She seems to be doing well, but the sweet baby girls could really use your prayers!

Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here! Which means that fence building resumes tomorrow! Yay for my arm muscles! Hope you all have a happy Thursday and a great Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Sad day for your food! I had GREAT empanadas at our local small mexican joint!

    p.s. Praying for those little babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm sorry about your bad Mexican date. :(

    Those sweet little girls are def in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a BUMMER!!
    we are celebrating our mexi feast tomorrow night ;)

    praying for the baby girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you're an ADPi too! <> Did you go to Alabama? I have a some girls in our alum association who are ADPi's from Bama. I am sorry to hear about your terrible Mexican dining experience. No one should have those. Praying for the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm sad you didn't enjoy you food! Hopefully it will be better the second time around!

    Twins wow! That should be quite an adventure for your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are way better, I would never go back!

    ReplyDelete