Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just some things....

Well, I can't believe it is already Thursday! It seems like this week has just flown by!! I have gotten some things accomplished! E and I planted our garden, we mowed the grass. Well, he mowed while I weed-eated (is that a word?) I dunno. I got a few things we needed at the store. I proofed our wedding invitations and officially placed the order!! :) Now we are taking a road trip to see the Casey Donahew Band. We are looking forward to spending some time together and having a good time! It should be a nice little break and road trip!

OK, I know I don't have kids and I am not a mom. Although I do have a dog and I think he is the only thing that will be in our house on a leash. Last night, we were at Subway and this lady walks in with her kid (maybe 2 or 3) on a leash. The funny thing is, he still acted a fool and would not listen. He needed something more than a leash. Like maybe some disipline? When she sat down and let go of the leash, he was running around and just dragging it with him. It was so strange. I mean, I know some kids are rowdy, but can't you get a handle on them that isn't connected to a leash like a dog? I just really don't understand. These are a huge pet peeve of mine. If you have a kid and you use one, I would love to hear the reason behind walking your child on a leash. I honestly just don't get it and it makes me stare at people, I guess just to understand. It just looks plain weird. My mom never walked me on a leash and I turned out just fine. I could walk and explore, but I also knew not to wander off and to stay by her side. I don't think I will ever have a reason to put my kids on a leash. Scout barely needs one. I definitely don't want one with the animal on the kid's back. It is just plain weird.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the advice! I definitly need to get some benadryl on lunch! I loved your post, I sadly had a somewhat "leash" as a child as well. It wasn't the back pack style like that one, but it was around my wrist, I tended to wander lol didnt enjoy it one bit and wouldnt put one on my child ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for nicer weather here in the midwest so I can start working on my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down here you hardly see any leashes being used on kids. I guess it depends no? What if you're traveling far away somewhere I think in this case it would be useful to use other wise I don't think so. That leash you put up is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see kids on those leashes all the time! They always seem to be the most unruly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - this is hilarious! And as the mother of a monkey of a 2 year old boy, I'll just add, DO NOT JINX YOURSELF!!! Your day will come... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky- Gracie has a leash an Elmo one and I use it when we go places with a lot of people around. That way she still can walk and not have to be pushed in a stroller and I have the peace of mind that no one will take her! It also is great when we go hiking that way we don't have to worry about her falling off cliffs and stuff. We use it because there are freaky people out there that snatch up kids all the time. Heather

    ReplyDelete