Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Concrete Boogers

Ha! Thought you might like that title. Well, E thought I should use that title because he thought it was funny. There is a real explanation for it, and I will get to it, but for now, I am going to apologize, for the millionth time, for being a slacker blogger. I PROMISE (for real this time) that I am going to do better. I am going to work blogging into my schedule during the day, and hopefully keep you up to date more. I do still read all of your blogs, I don't always have time to comment as I am usually reading blogs on the reader on my phone, but I am still reading.

So here are some updates on what has been going on. I will do a list since it will be easier that way.

On the WEDDING, today marks day sixty until the wedding! Time is flying! I have my first shower this weekend at the church I grew up at. I am excited, but kinda nervous, I really don't know how to act! Not to mention, I don't know what to wear!! Things are moving right along. I have my invitations and all I have to do is to address them and send them out! I have the menu picked out. Now all I have to do is figure out what I want read at the wedding and a song for my brother to sing, and some favors!! So, any ideas, would be GREATLY appreciated!

On the HOUSE, E and I have been working hard putting up a fence (wooden privacy fence) for Scout, and to just make our back yard prettier. Let me tell you, this has been a JOB! First, we rented a two-man power auger that digs the holes. He and I dug ALL of the holes for the posts. Friday and Sunday, we mixed cement and put up all of the posts for the fence. Concrete dust is SO messy and gross. The worst part about it is when you breathe it in (you can't help it). It makes your nose feel weird and you get "concrete boogers" (which is where the blog title came from). Nice, I know you really wanted to hear that, but a promise is a promise. Anyway, the posts are set and we are waiting on them to get good and ready before we move on with the fence which will probably be this weekend. We also have three huge azalea plants to plant and E is building us a wooden swing to hang out back! Hopefully that will be done very soon!

On LIFE, E and I decided that we needed to get into better shape. So, we have set a few goals and have decided to get back into running! We started at 5am this morning and are hoping to end our training next year by running the Music City Half Marathon in Nashville. I hope you guys can help keep me accountable! I think it will be a lot of fun! We are hoping to find a 5K to run in France during our honeymoon! We will see what happens! For now, we are enjoying getting up early and running and setting goals together!

Hope you all have a great week and I will definitely be in touch with all of you more! See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like life is going pretty well!! Wedding House and running goals!! Good luck with everything!! Looking forward to hear all about your adventures together!! Fiance is only here until Sunday but it has been soo nice having him home, next time hes up will be 6 weeks, like 2 or3 days before the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like things are going great! That's awesome about the fence! Good luck this weekend getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete