Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Save the Frogs Day





Well, today, I was doing to regular morning routine of checking up on Twitter and one of my Tweeps (Meaning: Friends on Twitter); Perpetual Kid (who happens to work for a cool company:http://www.perpetualkid.com) was mentioning to everyone that today is SAVE THE FROGS DAY!

That alone caught my eye because I have loved frogs for as long as I remember. (I even have a cool frog tattoo on my foot)So, I decided to check out just what the day is all about. I went to the website and found out that Dr. Kerry Kriger founded an organization to raise the awareness of just how cool frogs are and what they mean to us. Did you know that frogs are the most threatened group of animals on the planet? Well, they are. And did you also know that some types of frogs that are found in Australia have skin secretions that completely inhibit HIV?

Anyway, I was glad that I decided to go to the website and find out more about this cute little creature. I knew I liked them for some other reason than they were just cute! :) Anyway, here is your educational post for today. Now, go visit Save The Frogs and learn more. (You can click on this blog's title and it will take you there)

Also, go to Perpetual Kid and check out their cool frog stuff like this Frog Fortune Teller :

No comments:

Post a Comment