Thursday, December 16, 2010

M.I.A., Magic Tea, and Christmas Cards!!

So, as you might (or might not) have noticed, I have been pretty MIA from blogging from the past week or so! Well, things have been a little upside down around here! We got notice the weekend before last that my grandfather was really sick and instead of sending him to the hospital again, they would just allow Hospice nurses to come to his house. On Monday, the family stayed over there all day and we knew things were bad. I came to work on Tuesday and Wednesday and then Wednesday I  got a call from my brother (who lives in Nashville) that he was on his way down and I needed to go to my grandparents house ASAP because things didn't look good. So, I left work promptly and went over there. They called the whole family in. He wasn't doing well at all and it was just a matter of time. So, that afternoon at 5:30, my grandfather passed away surrounded by lots of family and friends. After that, the rest of the weekend was a whirlwind! We had visitation on Friday evening and the funeral on Saturday. It has been a rough week, to say the least.

Anyway, I am HOPEFULLY going to post some pictures of all of my decorations at home soon! I participated in an ornament swap and can't wait to show my ornament. But first, before I get into all of that, I wanted to post a huge shout-out to the folks over at Celestial Seasonings....(no, this isn't paid, I just felt like I needed  to share). So, as to be expected, I haven't slept well at all in over a week now. I take sleeping pills over the counter but they either don't work or make me want to never wake up because they make me so drowsy! But, I HAVE to sleep! I am one of those that goes to bed at 9 and wakes up at 7 or 8. I had trouble finding something that would help me sleep. My husband and I were shopping at a new grocery in town when I noticed a new Sleepytime tea from Celestial Seasonings....(I LOVE hot tea, especially in cold weather). It was vanilla flavored, and Emory suggested I try it. I thought, yeah right, there is no way a tea is going to help me sleep. Well, I have drank a cup before bed the last two nights, and I must say, I have slept better drinking that than I have with anything else, EVER! Emory is even trying it and sleeping well! It is awesome! So, kudos to you over at Celestial Seasonings! You MUST try this stuff! Let me know if it works just as well for you! It is caffeine and gluten free! Anyway, hopefully I will be back soon with a Christmas recap!
The amazing stuff!
****I have lots of extra Christmas cards, if you would like one, email me, rebecca[dot]m[dot]winters[at]gmail[dot]com and send me your address and I will send you one!! They are cute, you know you want one! ;)

7 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss! Hope you and your family have a blessed christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your lost. You are in my prayers! I sent you my address!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your loss. What a tough thing to go through, but I know you are thankful you were able to share his last moments with him at home. Will be thinking about you... Merry Christmas, Becky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have extra cards too so if you want one email me or facebook message me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm thinking of you and your family during this time!

    I love the Sleepytime stuff from Celestial Seasonings, it works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather. you're in my thoughts.

    The ornament was delivered yesterday, & I love it! I'll send you a link when I write my post! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's the link to my post.

    http://closedsunday.blogspot.com/2010/12/our-first-tradition.html

    ReplyDelete